This plugin is far from fancy. It gives you six textboxes where you can write anyting, like ad-codes. Then you can display the contents of such box with a widget, a function call or just type [adsense_id="1"] in the page/post editor.
- Download the plugin at WordPress.org
- Upload the plugin source to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Write some ad soure codes in the admin menu. You find it under general settings. Now have you ”created an add”. There is three ways to display the add:
- Write [adsense_id="1"] in the page/post editor. (The very same editor you write your posts or pages in, write the code ie between two of your paragraphs)
- Use the widget. Just drag the widget to a sidebar. Write a title (if you want) and choose a adsense id from the selection box (since 1.0.3)
- For theme developers: Call the getSimpleAdsense-function with the adsenseid as parameter. Ie. echo getSimpleAdsense(1);
This plugin requires PHP5 or later.
I am calling the getSimpleAdsense-function but I don’t see any ads.
First of make sure you call the function with an parameter id that exists. If you are sure that you have text in the box with id=1. Then the function call should look like this:
<?php echo getSimpleAdsense(1); ?>
Added a selection box instead of text box in the widget form.
Fixed typo in the function call.
I created it.